Sunday, November 20, 2016

A longing for...

When a challenge provides tęsknota - Polish for longing, or yearning for something -  for a cue then it has a wide range of interpretation.


I decided to go with the one that ties in with my occupation of history. On a weekly basis I get frustrated with the sources. For Medieval, even for Early Modern times there just aren't enough sources. 



Week after week I am longing for the opportunity to go back in time and see how a Medieval village really looked like or what the aspirations of Bohemian cooks in Vienna around 1880 were.


This singular stream of time really eats my heart out. I put all my frustration and yearning and longing into these cards. 
One of them speaks to me on a personal level. I always find searching the history - or going back to your own past - is like battling against an invisible wind. 

Entering this in:
ArtGrupa: ATC "Tęsknota"


12 comments:

  1. Jaka intrygująca interpretacja...Świetne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Kiitos kun piipahdit ja jätit kivan kommentin :-)

      Delete
  3. Really wonderful work and so stunning interpretation ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. You create such beautiful ATC's!!! Many lovely details, i realy love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maj, you certainly know how to make my day! Thank you so much for dropping by.

      Delete
  5. Great ATC - beautifully described the longing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interpretation! Lovely ATC's :)

    ReplyDelete