Sunday, August 26, 2018

How can you resist?

The title refers to resist technique. I wanted to find out a new way - new to me anyway - to use resist technique, so I thought of crackle medium. I put a thin layer of gesso on brown cardstock. After it was dry I brushed crackle paste through a stencil. I was going for a historical look, so the new TH stencil with the Maltese cross was just perfect.
After it was dry came the fun part.


I treated the background with Oxide ink (lavender), waited till it was dry and sprayed with a sapphire blue mist. The result was nice but too busy as I wanted the crackle to stand out. So I wiped it down, then sprayed with olive. Once it was all dry I enhanced the crackle with some turq highlights.
I am sorry I did not take any photos of the process, mist on distress was a lovely look.


The mixed media atc's are all about food. I found suitable phrases from Zola's Germinal. The guy above sees fields of beets.
Everyone suffered of hunger.

"I get thirsty when I eat."

Entering in following challenges:
A Vintage Journey: August challenge ' Resist'
Moo-mania: Geschirr/Besteck / Cutlery & crockery
Paperminutes: #551 Mixed media ATC or tag

7 comments:

  1. A fantastic piece of art.

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous ATC is this!Extraordinary with your technique! Thank you very much for joining us over at Moo Mania & More! Much appreciated! Happy start of the new week!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really creative - so much fun to learn a new technique and you have done it so well. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely historical ATC, Alice . Great to see you trying out a new
    (to you) resist technique.
    Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! This ist mixed media art!! I loove this very much!!
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crackle paste worked great as a resist on your background Alice - what colorful images and a fun sentiment! thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever resist with the crackle, and I love the medieval look and feel of these. Great word additions. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete