Today's card turned out rather clean and simple despite the many challenges I was inspired by: colors, layout, shape.
I thought I would need these supplies. The golden rick rack is just a pesky little piece that has been hanging around since I got it (three years ago). Today would be the day to finally use it!
I shaped the card by partial die cutting with the largest circle die. There was a lot of fiddling involved to get the overlay to fit, but on the second try it did. The layout challenge had given me the idea to punch 8 decorative stripes into the card front and place the golden stars above it.
The sentiment was stamped and then embossed with gold.
And that rick rack found its place, too.
Entering this in these challenges that inspired me today:
Heart Quest Shaped Cards and Tags: hqscat #18 any shape
Color Hues Challenge: #TCH136 Cream and Gold
Just Add Ink: #789 sketch
Avenue 613: AG w/a twist: Any holiday - I am playing with this option
Nachteulen / Night Owls: NSS#62 alles ist möglich






Todella rauhallinen, kaunis kokonaisuus!
ReplyDeleteKiitos!
DeleteThat´s a wonderful project. I'm thrilled to bits.
ReplyDeleteI´m glad you joined us at the Nachteulen Challenge.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)
A beautiful arch design, Alice - love the shimmery cardstock and touches of gold! Julia xx
ReplyDeleteThe shimmer cardstock is gorgeous, and the decorative stripes are a wonderful way to add texture to your lovely CAS design! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool way to interpret our sketch! I love the partially die cut elements Alice. So effective. Thanks for joining in with us at Just Add Ink.
ReplyDeleteThose decorative pieces and arched top really made this CAS design come to life. Wonderful job and thanks for taking the time to join us at Color Hues!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! Thanks for linking up with us at 613 Avenue Create!
ReplyDeleteI love this very elegant card slice! The shimmer cardstock is so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!
ReplyDeleteOhh I love how shimmery this card is. The Ric Rack works perfectly with the lovely gold accents. Chantell Just Add Ink
ReplyDeleteHello, Alice!!! Thanks so much for sharing your elegant cream and gold holiday curve-topped card with HQFSCAT!! Great layout design with giving space at top for the 3 gold stars to be adhered and have instant attention! You've made a classic beauty!
ReplyDelete