Today I took on to combine a sketch with a color challenge and add some dry embossing and die cutting to the mix. I chose these supplies to begin with - but later changed the bird-on-a-branch die to a doily die.
Here you can see the embossed and partially colored in flowers that have been already die cut out.
I tossed a long time between a white background and a colorful die cut and a dark grey background with a white die cut. The latter won as you see. I added a sentiment and embossed it in white.
Entering this in these challenges that served as my inspiration today:
The Paper Players: #796 Sketch
Color Dare: #714
Just Add Ink: #790 Dies, stencils ...or both - I used dies only
Cut It Up: #361 Emboss it






Love how good the florals look on the black Alice, lovely card! Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink. Nikki-JAI DT.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great way to use a larger image. The pops of red are fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.
ReplyDeleteYour beautiful, bold flowers look fantastic against the grey background, Alice! And I love the interest and softness your doily brings. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful and I love the contrast between the white embossing and the dark background, just lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!
ReplyDeleteThose bold florals are very pretty against your black background, especially with the white accents! Thanks for playing with our sketch challenge at the Players this week!
ReplyDelete