... there is really nothing to complain. It's my favorite of seasonal fruit. And this of course means that I make a cherry card at least once a year.
My supplies were ink heavy and paper poor. In the beginning I didn't have my greens and browns out yet. It's a layering stamp, I stamped the first layer with oxides and the defining layer with Versafine.
The pink background was made from an assembly instruction for flat-pack furniture which I brayered with pink acrylic and cut to size. As the text was still rather visible I stamped over it with an argyle style stamp to confuse the eye.
The cherries were fussy cut. As they looked rather forlorn I rummaged through my stash and found a cut-up doily which still hat a piece left. It serendipitously fit just perfectly under the cherries to bring them some depth. The sentiment reads 'Happy birthday'.
I am entering this in these wonderful challenges that inspired me today:
Double D: #dd7/26 Favorite fruit
Snippets Playground: #536 AG with snippets
We Love Stamping: Summertime
Little Red Wagon: #867 P is for Pink




Lovely birthday card with the cherries. Great use of some paper instructions too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse later. xxx
Yum, beautiful cherries! I have a bagful in the refrigerator right now. Clever background. Love your inky card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Double D!
ReplyDeleteGot me longing for some cherries here - a lovely card. Very clever how you did the background, I would never have guessed!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
Do love a cherry or two and it's a very good year for them, lovely summery card.
ReplyDeleteB x
I have eaten cherries last week anf the taste of summerfruit is so nice. Your cherries look like the real ones.
ReplyDeleteLia DT DD
Yum!! This is a really lovely summery card. Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping. Sarah
ReplyDeleteThat’s a lovely layering stamp set (which I have resisted buying several times!) and you’ve done a great job with it here Alice, it’s a lovely summery birthday card!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon with this fun card, Alice. Good luck in the TOP3 draw.
ReplyDeleteImke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE
https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/
What a clever piece of work, love how you did the background and the doily gives texture, with the luscious cherries. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
ReplyDeleteFaith A DT