Monday, August 31, 2015

Gold! / Kultaseni!

I recently started playing with sheet gold of the crafty variety. There are very clear instructions on the package what glue to take and how to process it.
It makes for quite a spectacular background, very noble and - of course - "rich".

I love you
Cards are treated differently. The background  in both is white gesso, rubbed smooth. The left card was imprinted with a plastic doily and some faint color. Then the lines were traced with a pencil glue, gold sheet was placed over, the excess was brushed away and the surface was treated with modge podge. (It says so on the package!)

I love you
The one on the right then - I brushed on some modge podge without a plan, waited a bit for it to dry, then placed the metal over it, pressed down well and brushed the excess away. I didn't seal it, and I quite prefer the shinier look. Too bad it keeps on flaking off.

You and Me  (Joy)
 I will continue my experiments. I like the idea that I can go ahead and draw (or trace) with a glue pen and get the gold to an exact thickness and shape.
I am entering these into these challenges:
Paperminutes: #397 eye-catching backgrounds
Lunagirl: Animals
Frilly and Funkie: A touch of gold
Simon says Wednesday: Anything goes

Kulta ja kultanen! Linnut ovat toisilleen rakkaat, sen näkee selvästi. Ostin taannoisella Helsingin reissullani lehtimetallia (kultaa) ja olen kokeillut erilaisia tapoja kiinnittää sitä. Pakkauksessa käsketään peittämään decoupage-liimalla ja niin teinkin vasemmanpuoleiselle kortille. Se himmensi kullan, mutta toisaalta kulta ei rapise. Oikea on kirkkaampi ja hohtavampi ilman lakkaa, mutta toisaalta se hieman kuluu kättelyssä. No, toisaalta nämähän asuvat muovitaskuissa, joten ei se varmaan ihan kokonaan lähde pois.
Mutta kivaa on kokeilla, ja kulta tuo niin ihanan "rikkaan" säväyksen kortteihin.

7 comments:

  1. Love the way you created this - the gold is so striking and gives such a rich effect.
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO pretty and beautifully "vintage." Thanks for sharing them in my Animals challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice ~ I'm back again because your sweet little bird card just won the drawing for my challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com. Congratulations! At your convenience, email me at info@Lunagirl.com for your prize of $15 shopping credit at Lunagirl.com. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. On suloisia korteja on:) Juu huomaa tuon kullan olevan toisessa kortissa kirkkaampi, mutta kyllä tuo himmeämpikin on hyvän värinen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous ATCs! So cool with the birds!

    ReplyDelete