Wednesday, November 23, 2016

November rain

It was a pleasure to participate again in Scrapper.sk - exchange and challenge. The theme was lovely, November Rain. Here is my interpretation:


The light caught on one of the cards reveals that I used iridescent raindrops and some mica spray.



I built this up on  pizza box backgrounds (the ham and pineapple variety if you must know). They were lightly sanded to give texture, and very lightly gessoed. Not all the way, though, I deliberately left the yellows and oranges of the original print to show along the edges.


 Then I applied Distress paint (weathered wood), some splashes of Distress stain (Hickory smoke ). The stamp is Tree poetry by Stampendous.


 On top came some more splashes in Distress ink (Aged Mahogany) and  Dylusions Mica Spray (Vibrant Turquoise). All that didn't seem enough so I sprinkled a bit of Infusions (Violet Storm) on the still wet inks and added a few strokes with a charcoal pencil.



All this shine and glitter is there to remind that rain, after all,  can be nice too. And fun. (At least our ladies seem to think so.)

linking this to :
Scrapper.sk: November Rain

3 comments: