Monday, September 24, 2018

Working with oxides

When it came to purchasing TH Oxides I decided to go for the reinkers. They are better value than the pads, and since Oxides are rather liquid anyway and work much like paint I felt I was going to be more versatile with the bottles.

Time to put those thoughts into action! There was a link to an inspirational video on the Paperartsy blog (here), and it looked like fun so I tried it.
It was fun! And so effective for large areas. Afterwards I still had ink left over so I flicked and spritzed with that and got rather messy.


I added some stamping on the background, stamped those flowers which I then embossed with a deep eggplant color.

Entering in:
Paperartsy: Topic 16: Reinkers.
TioT: Slap it on.
Eclectic Ellapu: September Anything goes.

11 comments:

  1. So much interest in this piece and lots of lovely texture. Gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at TIOT. I hope to see you next time!

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful make! I love the colours and the embossed flowers look amazing 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so beautiful! Thank you for joinng us at Try It On Tuesday! Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful.

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic project, the layers of colour and detail look lovely. Thank you for linking to Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colours, love the layering of the stamping too x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inky loveliness. Thanks for sharing your fabulous work with us at Eclectic Ellapu.

    ReplyDelete