Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Inchie Twinchie

 I was very inspired by Lost Coast Designs current challenge to create my own background.

My substrate was a book page which was first given a coat of gesso before painting over with acrylics (tan, lemon, grey). I then stamped it with terracotta ink with several stamps from my collection, Lost Coast, Viva las Vegas, Paper Source, Stampers Anonymous and more.

The paper was cut into one and two inch squares and pasted onto 5" by 3" cards.

I then stamped the focal image and added a scrap butterfly in matching colors along with a sentiment.

 
 Entering this in:
Lost Coast Challenge: #124 Inchies and twinchies
We love Chocolate Baroque June challenge: Hand stamped and paper pieced image

What happened to the other background? I couldn't resist some fun...  

5 comments:

  1. Lovely mixed media work, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our June challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeus and what a great design. Thanks for playing along with Lost Coast Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A so beautiful mixed media card, fabulous background and love the technique you used, I could have a try :) The colours look gorgeous with the vintage feel. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your backgrounds are fabulous! I love the colors you used and the stamped image is wonderful with the butterfly superimposed on it. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really fun and I love your backgrounds. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete