Saturday, June 26, 2021

Summer feeling

 Today I made this summery card. Flowers for me are the quintessence of summer. I have a flower garden and gather a different bunch for my desk every week.


I started this by tearing a piece of tissue paper that I had prepared with Gelli printing. I often use reclaimed cardstock as my base, this was an invitation to a gallery opening. The dark shapes are still visible behind the tissue and give it some depth.

Next I stamped three flowers with green Versamark ink on printer paper. I have had these stamps for ages, one is Hero Arts, one of my first purchases so it must be at least from 2009, perhaps earlier. The other one is fromArtistic Stamper botanical plate, purchased around 2018. I use them too seldom! The flowers were colored with Gelatos, then cut them out.

Entering this in:

Retro Rubber Challenge: #161

Try it on Tuesday: Here comes summer 

Avenue613: Anything goes June challenge

4 comments:

  1. This is a great summer card. I really like the bold images and the bold colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you were selected as a Top Rocker for Week 3 at 613 Avenue Create! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome project with us!

    THE RESIDENT DESIGN TEAM @ 613 AVENUE CREATE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful project. Love the design and colours. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you beautiful art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, I love the big flowers and the colour palette you have used. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete