Thursday, July 1, 2021

Thinking of you

 I needed a card for a dear friend. She is a poetry lover, so the text is taken from a poem.

"The wind threw the petals into air

like snow falling from low to high"

First I painted the background in acrylics. I started with pure turquoise and mixed it with more and more white towards the top to give it an ombre look. When it was dry I glued Tim Holtz tissue on it. Next came black gesso through a flourish stencil. Then I stamped my beloved cherry bough stamp (Paper Source) both onto the card and white copy paper so I could color in the blossoms and cut them out. 

entering in:

A Place to Start: June 2021 / Make your own challenge

More Mixed Media: Anything goes with optional purple

2 comments:

  1. Alice: This is a lovely mixed media creation with the poem! Wonderful details and layers that you've built on this! Thanks for participating at APTS challenge blog's June link-up! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you were selected as a Week 4 Rising Star at A Place To Start! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful project with us! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!

    The APTS Design Team

    ReplyDelete