Thursday, August 26, 2021

Mandala with a twist

 I have an old Jane Davenport mandala-style stamp set which I have been using for backgrounds.  I suddenly realized that they in fact mesh very well in size and design with Martha Stewart lace style stamps. So I connected the two.

I stamped all of them in bright colors, then cut out and reassembled. I also build up height by adding layers with foam bits. Background was made with the help of a stencil, I mushed Old Paper Distress Oxide rather irregularly through the holes.

I then added some Liquid pearl drops as accents and an indigo frame (left over from a cyanotype project that didn't turn out well) and called it a day. 




Entering in:

Three Room Studio: #49 Use polkadots, stripes or plaid - I used polkadots

Challenge Up Your Life: #138 Circles

More Mixed Media: AG / optional brights - this is using Brights

More than Words: Zen / Mandala

Simon Says Wednesday challenge: Anything goes

1 comment:

  1. What a great card you made!
    Thank you for joining CUYL.
    Best wishes
    Steffie

    ReplyDelete