Tuesday, August 31, 2021

... said the raven

 A couple of challenges coincide again very aptly, at least for my taste calling for distress and shimmer. The summer was very short and hefty here in the High North and is busy turning into fall. I am longing for the first pumpkins to hit the market stalls, but until then this photo had to do.

 

I completely mistreated it - as I so often do with magazine cuttings - distressing it first with a sanding paper, then applying distress markers and Gelatos into the roughened texture.

The backbround is kraft stock where I had smeared some leftover black acrylics a while ago. Those marks are now hidden under the green paint. I then stamped the trees (stamp by Viva Las Vegas) with black Versamark ink - and while it was still wet I sprinkled a wonderful shimmer powder onto it and rubbed it in. The excess can be removed, it only sticks onto the ink, totally changing it's color. Here the green powder on black ink gave me metallic shimmering trees. (This wonder powder is called Blonde Moments 'Friends Pearl Pigments' and it may be already retired.) The raven stamp is by Lost Coast, I stamped on copy paper and then fussy cut.


The card was completed with black and white splatters and a sentiment that the raven might well express when he has found a heap of pumpkins that he deems to be his, and his alone.


 Entering this in:

Frilly and Funkie: De-stress with a little distressing This is definitely on the funky side!

Simon Says Monday challenge: Glimmer and sparkle 

A Place to Start: #8 What's your style? I love doing collage on mixed media and adding text to it.

Dare 2 be Artzy: Anything goes

Word Art Wednesday: #505-506 Anything goes

5 comments:

  1. Great job with that background, it's awesome. I agree with you that sentiment is perfect for the raven. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. María, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great creation! I love the raven and the fall colors. Thank you for joining us for the Funkie Junkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the fall effect with the wonderful raven and the beautiful fall background! Thanks for joining us at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

    ReplyDelete