Sunday, September 12, 2021

Let it be autumn

 I just love it when challenges coincide and you can let your creativity be challenged twice or even three times in a single card. I call it serendipidity.

So this little card was inspired by all three challenges I am entering it into, one for autumn, one for suggesting to use picture of an animal with a tail and one challenging us to use book pages in your creation.

I make my gelli prints either on tissue or onto book pages, because the text showing through gives a nice additional texture. So I already had a nice stash. I am very much into die cutting at the moment, so that seemed like a natural way to go.

I have also been shopping on FB marketplace and there I recently found this cute stamp set by Rosie's Studio. I just love that little fox, all curled up and happily drowsy amongst the roses. 

I placed the fox sleeping under leaves, and some more leaves falling down on her.


 "Let fall come" seemed like an ideal sentiment for an autumnal card apropos of nothing.

Entering this in:

Try it on Tuesday: Use book pages

Everybody Art Challenge: #496 Herbst / Autumn

Double D Challenge: Anything with a tail

And because this is my first time using this stamp, I'm also entering it into the current #30 NBUS challenge


7 comments:

  1. Great card! LOVE the die cut leaves using your gelli plate and dies! Awesome! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you got some great fall colors by doing the gelli prints on tissue and then die cutting. I love the spray of leaves and that cute fox. Thanks for joining in the fun at Double D Challenge, I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute and petty card! Adorable little critter! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Alice ... great job! This is just awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Tail’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece of art ! I love your technique of using book pages on your gelli plate

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a nice idea to use newspaper as a basic for your leaves. It really looks fantastic. Love your design and the cute little fox as well.
    Thank you for sharing your card with the current EAC Challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Alice, wow! This is not a card, it is a gift to be framed or stood as a table decoration! It's a spectacular textural design. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete