Saturday, September 25, 2021

My wish for you is...

 Today I took the mixed media approach to card making. Many challenges coincide again and I took cues from each one for this card.

Circles? You've got it. Lots of layers?  For sure. Stitching? Yes! A long sentiment? Absolutely. And a matching envelope? Oh yes, that too.


The background is a gelli print with circles. I piled on strips of paper in suitable colors, glued lightly and then  sewed them on. The butterflies are stamped on another gelli print, the pink die cut uses one, too.

The sentiment is nonsensical (and that's why I like it). It starts with a printed prompt "My wish for you is" - I finished it by "don't collect butterflies".  Somebody with oddball humor will appreciate it.

And finally the matching envelope:

Entering in:

Try it on Tuesday: Going round in circles

Let's Create Challenge: #175 AG/ opt. Lots of layers  

Lost Coast portal of creativity: #130 Sentiments in focus (at least five words)

Simon Says Monday challenge: Stitch it

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Card + matching envelope

(all photos can be clicked for a larger view)

6 comments:

  1. Love all the color and texture you have created with this. Such a great sentiment as well. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing card. I thought it was a journal page at first. It is wonderful, and perfect for our circle challenge at Try It on Tuesday. Thanks for joining us. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Alice, I love your mixed media approach. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, colorful card Alice! I love the textures and fabulous stitching! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! I love the bright colours and the gelli plate background with the circles - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete