Thursday, September 30, 2021

The splendor of autumn

 Autumn is by far my favorite time of year: misty mornings, crisp air, the fabulous colors and the smell - yes, the sour, and very exciting odour that comes from the fallen leaves. Spring takes only a week or so where I live, but autumn stretches on for a few months.

Now is the most vivid time, and I wanted to portray it on my card. I was inspired by one challenge to use hexagons, and I find they add a nice counterpoint to the organic form of twigs and leaves.

The sentiment reads: The small, lovely things of life. It fits with my love of autumn.


 


Entering this in:

As You Like It: What's your favorite: Autumn or winter and why 

Less is More;: #452 Hexagons

Try it on Tuesday: Autumn blessings

Addicted to CAS: #207 Code word Autumn

Allsorts Challenge: AG / option Nature - I chose that option
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Autumn card! Those hexagons just pop! Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your clean and simple composition is lovely Alice! And your thoughts on Fall vs. Spring as favorite may have just swayed me…sometimes the leaves falling quietly in sunlight feels magical and miraculous. Great to see you at the Try It On Tuesday challenge blog! ~ Nancy J :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightfully Autumnal card, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our A/G/Nature theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is by far my most favorite season as well and you have done a wonderful job capturing the feel of it with this wonderful card. Love the way you use those colorful hexagons in leaves in your design. Thanks for playing with us at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, loving the autumnal feel. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More in our hexagon challenge.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely clean and simple card, love the use of hexagons

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the contrast of the geometrical shape of the hexagons and the gracefulness of the leaves/twigs.

    ReplyDelete