Monday, April 18, 2022

Male greetings...

 ... are the hardest for me to make. I don't know men that enjoy getting cards with tools or beer bottles on them, as I don't do cards for women with lipsticks or perfume bottles on them. So something more neutral, while still being fun, was the order of the day.

I started by making my own background with Yupo paper and alcohol markers. I used two shades of grey for the background and a dark brown for the 'matting'.

I then stamped leaves with two colors with Distress inks, then went in with the outline stamp and stamped it a bit offset from the leaves. The stamp set has coordinating dies and it took some fiddling to get them to die cut properly.

 

Here is the finished card. I added a birthday-appropriate sentiment and a small paper flier to bring in some movement and add a fun factor, both recently purchased from the wonderful Perlenfischer company.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge: 671/2 Masculine

Friendship Challenge: #76 Die Natur wird grün

Stamping Sensations Challenge: April - I love...   - I love that leaf stamp set by Altenew!

Craft Rocket Challenges: #91 For the boys/ men - This card is for my son

Mod Squad Challenge: April anything goes

8 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful leaf stamp and can totally see why you love it! The card turned out beautifully!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Allsorts challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s a beautiful project.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgoues leaf stamp and I love how you have used it ... and the little paper plane is a real fun addition. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week for our "Masculine" challenge theme
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic masculine card!! And that paper airplane is the perfect final touch!! Lots of fabulous work here, thanks so much for playing along with us for the last time over at the Mod Squad. I am very sad that we are retiring, it has been a great ride. Hope to see you around the web!!
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leaves are always so pleasing on a card and to my mind very suitable for masculine cards, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great use of your stamp and the little plane is a wonderful addition too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Masculine weeks;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card, the leaves look great on your background.
    Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete