Monday, November 21, 2022

The magic of Christmas

 The dark season is upon us up in the north. Which makes me gravitate towards moody colors. I was overjoyed to see several challenges offer themes that would inspire me for creating cards that fit the mood and the season.

I stenciled little tiny dots with a glittery paint. It is a wonderful paint, it comes on white but dries as just a glorious heap of glittery gold.

For the big stars I used a new to me die which I cut twice but only used the center star from the other dies cut. The stars all have glossy accents on top.

The words have iridescent embossing powder on them ("Psychedelic transparent" by StampingUp) and it reads 'it's the time of Christmas magic' (roughly translated).

 


I am entering this in the following challenges that inspired me:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Stencil it

Cardz 4 Gals: #186 Use a stencil

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite non-traditional Christmas color combo and why: Brown on black catches the mood of darkness that we experience here in Scandinavia, and I like it for it's quiet elegance.

Moving Along with the Times: #148 Bright on Dark

Beyond the Blue: #74 Gold 

NBUS challenge: #44 : The die and iridescent enamel were today used for the first time.

3 comments:

  1. I love your moody celestial Christmas card design, Alice! Interesting that for the first time, I'm making several Christmas cards myself with black backgrounds. I love the look, especially with schparkle! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. The star really pops.

    Thanks for joining in my bright on dark challenge at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous shimmery card! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete