Saturday, June 24, 2023

It's peony time

 I love peonies. Their appearance is a conundrum: they are large, voluptuous even, but manage to look dainty and sweet. They last only for a few days in the vase and not much longer in the garden - where they are in mid bloom right now. I

 have several peony stamps, but selected one from Creative-Depot this time. (I'm not affiliated, the link is for you in case you are interested.)


I have a strange fascination with large background stamps that are actually just blank. Today was the day to take them all out, as I got inspired by a layout where they fit perfectly.

I stamped the peony twice, with brown ink, as I wanted to use part of the second flower to raise some petals. The sentiment is die cut from brown card stock (paint chips actually - very handy for these purposes.)

The finished card:


Entering into the challenges that inspired the creation process:

Inspired by: #243 Donuts. - I was inspired by the color palette citron-lavender-pink-brown

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge: #530 - I turned the sketch 90 degrees.

The Flower Challenge: #81 Use your favorite flower - this is a birthday card (just not in English)


Thank you for your visit!

6 comments:

  1. Peonies are my favorite too and I love the contrast of yours with the lacy flower against the graphic background! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    Stef, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous take on the sketch, Alice! Peonies are amazing, I agree. Their beauty is so fleeting. This unique color palette works so beautifully with your design. Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the peony looks against your fabulous background. So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I love how you flipped the sketch and that flower is AMAZING! Fabulous, just fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. I love how you flipped the sketch and combined it with the wonderful color scheme from the Inspired by... challenge. Great job! Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card. I love how you were inspired by the colors. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete