Monday, June 19, 2023

Lemon poppies

Poppies are wonderful one day affairs - here today, gone tomorrow. Now lemony citrusy poppies might be a botanical anomaly, but I took the liberty. I was challenged by a blog to use yellow (and combine it with green) and I must say I love the outcome.

Several things make me happy: I was able to use the green background that I originally created for the purple flower card.


Secondly, that citrus yellow thread was just a short length, but it was enough to sew the edging with. And thirdly, that ladybug was a happy accident. The second letter N had created an ink spot that needed covering.

 

Entering this into challenge that inspired it's creation:

The Color Hues Challenge: #TCH #66

Daisy Chain Challenge: No design paper

Creative Inspiration Challenges: #3 AG

Girlz Creative Crafts: #38 Bloemen / Flowers

Through the Purple Haze: #205 Flowers and/or buttons. - I used flowers only.

Thank you for your visit!

4 comments:

  1. It's such a lovely card! I love the stitching and the green circle with the stamped or stenciled texture is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitching brings so much to a handmade card. This turned out really nice! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the added texture with the stitching, such a lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card !
    Thanks for joining us at Girlz Creative Crafts.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete