Friday, July 3, 2026

A jungle cat in his garden

 Today I am showing the card which has already gone off to its recipient (go meet Julia and view her great blog). We both participated in the Daisy Chain card exchange - perhaps you will, too? (here)

 

The card started with a brand new embossing folder ('Enchanted jungle' by Craft Consortium). After having watched a bunch of YouTube videos on how to apply multiple colors on an embossing folder, then pressing it and calling it a day, I wanted to try it too. However, I got very disheartened as I just didn't get this technique to work for me.

I resorted to easier means. I swiped the debossed side of the folder with black in and pressed it through. This gave me a blotchy background (which was easy to correct later), but it also gave me me outlines. I painted the figures in with my Gansai Tambi watercolors.

The result reads like a wonderful painting of a leopard sitting in his jungle garden.

 I am showing this in these challenges:

Craft Rocket: #138 Animals

SUYP: #125 Summer

Critter Crazy: #112 AG w/a critter 

CYHTP: AG w/a twist of Purple  - I am playing AG

NBUS: #88 AG never before used schtuff - the item being my embossing folder

 

 

7 comments:

  1. I really love this beautiful card you sent me in the Card Chain Challenge, Alice and I'm happy to see just how you created it - I love all the water colors you used on the raised bit of the embossed panel with the black in the background! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting process, Alice, I had no idea this was embossed and watercoloured. Your card is stunning and really caught my eye in the Reveal post. Thanks so much for being a link in our chain once again. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have amazing talent with the paints, Alice! This really does look like a work of art ... you make we want to give this a try with my GT paints! I'm going to have a look through my e/fs. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is wonderfully painted. It's so interesting and I really like it. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo . . . what a gorgeous and unique card! covering the background in black really allows the painted on colors to shine! Great technique! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
    Hope to see you again! Good luck!
    Fiki

    ReplyDelete