Sunday, July 5, 2026

A summery encouragement card

 I confess I am a challenge junkie - I find the best ideas when scrolling through challenge prompts and finding ones that I'd like to combine. Today's inspirations are summery and water-heavy, but do include a nicely fitting color scheme. I needed an encouragement card for a friend who is going through some rough patches in life. 

I have kilos and kilos or pounds and pounds of beautiful designer papers, but somehow never use them. Today I pulled some of them out. I realize they barely will make a dent to my stash, but it's a start. I also pulled a stamp and a die set of two lively fish. Later I also used some silver card stock.

 

I tore the background and arranged it in waves. Then I glued the die cut fish in place, stamped and heat embossed the sentiment ("keep your head up").

 

I am entering this card in the challenges that inspired me today:

Color Dare: week #710  

 

Paper Funday: #89 AG/ Twist: Make a splash. I went with the twist 

PIP: #86 Water 

 

Four Seasons: Summer 

 

Carlin's Kaartenparadijs: #96 juli





 

8 comments:

  1. Love your koi pond! So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool design! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and creative, I am sure your friend will treasure it!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    The Four Seasons Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great backgrounds and using the torn paper technque to look like water. Thanks for sharing with the Color Dare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card with the fishes on it. Thanks for joining the Challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
    Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Background and colors! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge, and inspiring us with your lovely design.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the use of torn paper and those dies are so cool! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!
    -Heidi M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative! Love the papers you used. Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete