Yesterday I was making a back-to-school greeting to my young GD, today I am making it for an older one who will start a vocational high school come fall. (Austrians are big on vocational schools, you learn a trade and get your high school diploma at the same time.) This will mean new friends, new teachers and a lot of hands-on learning.
The idea for the card came when I perused the current challenges. Don't laugh, but my main inspiration came from a photo prompt for Christmas in July, followed by some others. So I gathered my supplies.
It's my birthday this month which explains the new supplies entering the playing field. The dies are new and I was eager to try to circles background die especially. I have seen it used to in one blog (sorry I forget who it was) and 'had to' have it. too.
I actually wanted to make the flamingos stand facing right. I have had this mirror image stamping aid for a while, but never could make it work. Does anyone have a tip for it?
In the end I went with one - and one only - left-facing flamingo. I did make three and even colored them all in with ink-blending in three colors - before realizing that those three flamingos in a row had a very menacing appearance. I punched the circles out of glitter card stock and colored over them with markers to give the colors a warmer hue. Some of them are raised, as is the flamingo.
Entering this in these challenges that inspired me today:
Inspiration Station: #87 Inspiration photo - I was inspired by the flamingos and balloons
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Back to school
Pick 3 Challenge: #6 I picked the elements in the lower row 'Ink blending - sparkle - sentiment'
AAA Birthday: #87 For girls
NBUS: #88 - my new schtuff were the dies








This is an amazing card for your GD, she will love it. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station and Pick 3 Challenges, it's always a treat to see your work.
ReplyDeleteDonna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
the reverse image stamping needs a pigment ink, not sure what you've used , but I'd advise something like Versafine. Gorgeous card in any case. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges
ReplyDeleteThank you - I used Versafine Clair, perhaps it has another formula to the balck Versafine. The ink just fastened itself into the mirror stamp and did not rub off, which I found very perplexing.
DeleteAwesome card and combination of elements. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
ReplyDeleteOoh I love this -= such a great take on our inspiration board - thanks for playing along with us at Inspiration Station
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun and clever card!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Pick 3!
Diane P3 DT
{Nellies Nest}