Thursday, July 16, 2026

Birthday bouquet

 I haven't done flowers for a while - or so it seems. Actually, the last couple have included flowers, but they weren't the focal point, just a supporting character. Today I went full in with a new old stamp set - one I bought two years ago and haven't broken it out yet.

These were the supplies. I am making a further small dent into my sizable card stock hoard. I found an exact match for a challenge inspiration photo. (Such a lovely color combo, btw!) Also on the table my Gansai Tambi watercolors and a background die. 

 

I started with cutting the top half of an arch with the die, then added a straight piece underneath. I stamped the wildflower bouquet and clear embossed it for easier water coloring. Afterwards I fussy cut it out and placed it into the arch. It is raised with foam adhesive strips. The sentiment reads "More wonderful with each passing year".



 

I am entering this in the following challenges that were my inspiration today:

Sunday Stamps: #ssc390 Garden grandeur 

 

Alphabet challenge: F is for festivities - my card is for a birthday 

Simon Says Wednesday challenge: Fabulous Florals 

We Love 2 Create: #7 open challenge 

Creative Artiste Mixed Media: #128 Anything mixed media 

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Alice - what a great image! And so perfect for our colors - I collected many bouquets like this when I was a girl! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifully painted. What a wonderful image too. Thanks for playing over at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image and dies. love the pretty flowers and so glad you shared over at Alphabet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You canning jar of flowers is just perfect!! Thanks for playing along with our “Garden Grandeur” color palette over at Sunday Stamps!! You rocked our challenge with your wild flower arrangement!! Deb Horst, DT #SSC390

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful birthday card. I like the motif of wildflowers, and there is a lot of truth in the sentiment. The colour scheme you worked with is festive and earthy at the same time, I like how the bouquet pops from the darker background. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge and sorry for the late comment.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete