Monday, July 6, 2026

Eclipse friendship card

 There is a technique I have wanted to try for a while now, but didn't quite know how to. One challenge listed YouTube videos for it which was so helpful. So today I aspired to make an eclipse card with a certain color palette, keep it clean and simple and make it a friendship card.

The supplies were gathered: an XXL stamp, oldie but goodie, a geometric die and three colors. Later I noticed that the yellow and orange were really close in value, so I added some lemon yellow which lightened the value.

 

I stamped and heat embossed the flower, then colored it in and cut a hexagon into the image. I had also cut another hexagon which I then placed into the hole. I put the stamped hexagon on foam strips and placed it to cover the hole. I am so glad I tried this technique - it was so much easier than I thought it would be!

 

Entering this in these lovely challenges which inspired me today:

All About Papercraft: #7 Friendship  

Inspire Create: #219 Color challenge


 

Die Traumfabrik: #151 Cleaner 


 

CAS Mix-Up: Eclipse 

Crafty Catz: #717 AG 








 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That bloom is gorgeous and your colours are so pretty! I'd love to have flowers like that in our garden. You've excelled at the Eclipse technique too! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to highlight that gorgeous big bloom! Congrats on your first eclipse card and thanks for sharing it with us at All About Papercraft challenges. Kerry, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice. Love your gorgeous bloom with the hexagon eclipse. Great work! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've mastered this technique beautifully, and the result is simply magical. I love this fabulous flower and the delicate color transitions. A true masterpiece. Thank you for showcasing it in our current "Friendship" Challenge. Sandra from the All About Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful large flower you've used Alice and so prettily coloured, and the hexagon shape for the eclipse works brilliantly..a terrifi card and thank you for joining us over at CAS Mix Up. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous Alice:) Thank you so much for joining us this month at All About Papercraft xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool technique! I need to give this a try! Your flower is gorgeous--such pretty coloring! Thanks for sharing at Inspire.Create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a gorgeous bloom!! Love the gentle colors and the technique you used! Thank you so much for playing along with the Dream Factory
    You might also be interested in this challenge blog:
    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete