For today's card I let myself be inspired by several challenges. I thought the combination of flowers, butterflies, music and a sketch would be a good one to try, especially as I was asked to present a GD project @ Ellibelle's I Spy With my Little Eye - challenge. Please head over and join the fun!
So I pulled out the supplies I thought I would need: a stamp with both a butterfly and flowers (Stampendous), a die set with a frame, butterfly and flowers (Studio Light) and some sheet music together with Oxides and Gansai Tambi watercolors. I stamped the background with Oxide ink on a wet background and saw the image almost dissolving. The color is just enough for a background, the flowers are still visible, but they don't take the center stage. (The butterfly was unfortunately covered but subsequent layering.)
I then applied water color on the die cut flowers and butterflies. I set the sheet music as a background for the frame. The sentiment reads: Enjoy the day.
I am entering this in the following challenges:
Freshly Made Sketches: #744
Sisterhood of Crafters: July / Flowers
Little Red Wagon: #866 The piano man
Ellibelle's Garden Party: # 17 Anything in / from a garden
I Spy with my little eye: #39 ... something with wings





Such a beautifully designed card following the sketch. Great choice of colors and love the music note background for the center piece. So happy you joined us this time as a guest designer at the I spy challenge!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card Alice, gorgeous background and very pretty butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us as a guest designer on this moth’s “I Soy” challenge xx
ReplyDeleteVery creative and pretty Alice! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Sisterhood of Crafters Owner