Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Greetings, my friend

 My blog posts have gotten very predictable: these days I start with my inspirations and proceed to how I made the card. Well, why break the mould, it serves me well... So, dear reader, let me tell you what I was inspired by this morning. It was butterflies, colors and a sketch - a combination that I thought would work well for a simple greeting card.

After seeing the inspiration photo at A Place to Start (scroll down to challenges) I knew I wanted to use an old book page. It had a tear down the middle which I decided to keep (by not glueing the ends properly), because that would work well for the sketch I was eyeing. The inspiration photo also had butterflies and flowers so I knew I would want to use those images. To begin with I pulled out these ingredients:

 

For stamping and coloring I used the colors in the inspiration palette (scroll down for challenges).

 

The card was put together following the sketch (again I refer to challenges). 

 

I am entering this in these wonderful challenges:

A Place To Start: #202606 Inspiration photo

 

Sunday Sketches: #389 Down the middle

 

All About Papercraft: #6 Colors

 

Girlz Rebel Challenge: #53 Vlinders (butterflies)

Girlz Creative Challenge: #69 Vlinders (butterflies)

8 comments:

  1. Your card fits the challenges so perfectly, wonderfully done! The flowers and butterflies complement the light, summery card and stand out beautifully against the background. Thank you so much for participating in our color challenge this month. Sandra from the All About Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, Alice, I love the water-wash look of this! Great take on our sketch! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've combined all the challenges to create a cheerful, summery card! Great use of our colours and your treatment of the background book page is yummy! Thanks so much for joining us at All About Papercraft challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project is so pretty! I love your background; you blended it beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. super leuke kaart. Leuk dat je ook meedoet bij onze challenge Girlz Rebel challenge
    I love this one. This is cute. Thanks for joining us at Girlz Rebel challenge

    Crea lieve Groetjes Claudia ❤️🦋❤️

    Claudia
    🦋✨ Claudia's Kaartjes ✂️🩷

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Thanks for entering you card at Girlz Creative Crafts.
    Deze is zo leuk Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Girlz Creative Crafts.

    Crea lieve Groetjes Claudia ❤️🦋❤️

    Claudia
    🦋✨ Claudia's Kaartjes ✂️🩷

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on combining all three challenges into one pretty card, Alice! Thanks so very much for joining in the All About Papercrafts - All About Colour Challenge. 🩵🧡💛

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! Thanks for playing along with our "Down the Middle" sketch over at Sunday Stamps!! Your butterflies and wildflower dies make an awesome interpretation of our sketch!! Deb Horst, DT. #SSC389

    ReplyDelete