Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Seeing the positive

 Today I chose to 'follow a lead', in other words take inspiration from a card posted for that purpose. I lament that all 'CASE' challenges seem to have disappeared. When they were active I was too new to card making to participate, but now I find the idea fun.

But I digress. I decided to keep the layout,  but build my own scene. I found a lovely sentiment in a stamp set that also gave me the idea for the scene. In the end I settled for my beloved cute cat stamps and small cloud+raindrop dies. 


The background was a simple three color blend. I had created a mask to protect the stamping which allowed me not to worry about getting color on the cat. I die cut the cloud and rain drops from colored papers and backed them with card stock so they would have some heft. I also added some Wink of Stella onto the rain drops and lined the cloud with it.

 

I am entering this in these lovely challenges:

AAA cards: #318 Follow my lead 

 

A Cut Above: July AG / 2 year anniversary challenge 

 

Cut it Up: #360 Create your own background 

Polkadoodles: #7 AG 

Gem of a Challenge: AG 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Sweet card and great ink blending! Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's July Anniversary Challenge. Happy to have you play along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, cuteness overload! So happy to see you in the gallery over at Cut It Up Challenges--thanks so much for playing with us!
    LeslieT, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Alice - and so true - every cloud DOES have a silver lining! Thanks for joining us at A Cut Above this month xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete