Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Sunflower greetings

 Sunflowers are in season, so I was overjoyed to find a challenge for yellow flowers. I paired it with a sketch, the call for making it tone on tone, And, I could use my pretty papers.

The supplies were rather simple, dies and papers and some Perfect pearls. Later I added some glittery stones as I don't have enamel dots (which were called for in one challenge). 

 

I die cut the sunflower out of design paper and laid it over another. I made an underlay for the flower out of a yellow tissue paper so it would stand out better. I was working with a sketch so added the an outer and inner frame. The orientation was flipped, I thought my card made more sense as a horizontal.



Entering this in the following inspirational challenges:

As You See It: #377 Recipe for Happy Yellow Flowers

 

Atlantic Hearts Challenge: #692 Sketch - I changed the orientation

 

TGIF: #587 Technique challenge: Tone on tone 

 

Love Those Pretty Papers: July AG / Coastal optional - I am playing with AG

3 comments:

  1. The way you've layered the sunflower really makes it stand out. The fine, shaped frames do a good job of adding definition and interest. Thanks for joining in with our recipe challenge at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty layers - I love the papers you pulled in to create such a dynamic yellow collage! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love how the yellow tissue paper made the flower more vibrant in color. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete