Thursday, August 27, 2026

Books for birthday

I seem to have an fair amount of supplies, enough to make most anything that I can think of. But then, I usually pop a flower on most any birthday card. There has been a challenge since the beginning of the month that has been quietly calling my name: that for 'books'. I actually need a card for a book lover who is going to get a gift card for a bookshop from me.

I finally stumbled upon a piece of wallpaper in my deep stash. I got it several years ago from a crafting friend and never knew what to do with it. What you see in this photo are the sad, neglected supplies: a stamp I bought a year ago that has never seen ink, die cuts also received from a friend long ago (but always the wrong color for my projects) and that piece of wall paper.

I selected a square card base and cut the wallpaper to size. I stamped the sentiment in three parts, covering only one line with ink at a time. Then I cut them out and mounted them with foam strips in the stripe that was between the books, and finally glued the boughs and berries to flank the sentiment. It reads: "The small moments which we so love in our daily life". Very fitting for book reading, I think.

 

Entering this in these challenges:

Die Traumfabrik/ The Dream Factory: #153 The Reader 

The Neglected Stuff: August challenge / 3rd entry

Everybody Art Challenge: #604 Alles geht / AG

A Perfect Time to Craft: #8 Open challenge

PIP: #2634 AG 

No comments:

Post a Comment