Several challenges caught my attention today. It all started with a color palette and the word prompts gave me all the ideas.
This is what I pulled out: a critter stamp, a butterfly stamp, a watercolored background that was left over from a project long ago and my GT watercolors. I really like to use watercolors, as they can be used opaque or transparent.
I cut the background to size, then, instaed of matting it just edged it with black ink. I stamped the butterflies, colored a few of them in and fussy cut them. Then I stamped the critter and the net and colored them in, too. I mounted the critter with a foam strip and arranged the butterflies around him. The sentiment reads: Hi, how are you doing?
Entering this in these wonderful challenges:
Color Dare: #715 palette - for neutrals I used black and brown
Simon Says Wednesday: Summertime blues
As You Like It: Favorite coloring medium - and why Mine is GT watercolors, they go on from transparent to opaque
Avenue 613: AG/ optional twist Playtime - I am playing with this option
Creative Friday: #418 Querformat / Landscape format
Critter Crazy: #113 AG
Daisy Chain Challenge: #110 Animals
PIP: #2632 AG





Alice, this is so perfect for our challenge at Color Dare AND at 613 Avenue Create! Thank you for linking up with both! Your fussy cutting is impeccable. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun and happy card. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare challenge!
ReplyDeleteAlice, this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Em
613 Avenue Create Co-Owner
A Place To Start DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel
Very pretty!! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare!
ReplyDeleteWonderful card! Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cute card! You make me want to get my watercolors out. Thanks so much for sharing with us this fortnight at As You Like It Challenge! Hope to see you back again soon.
ReplyDeleteAwww, such a sweet card! Fox is having fun chasing butterflies. Thank you for sharing with us at Color Dare.
ReplyDeleteLove your watercolored background! That fox is also adorable. Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare.
ReplyDeleteLovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Critter Crazy Challenge. Janet DT.
ReplyDelete