I usually have a firm idea for the card in my mind, and after gathering the supplies I take a photo of them, before cutting in. Well, today was no different. Inspired by several challenges I selected these.
I was so sure the green background, enhanced by white stenciling, would work. But it did not. The green and white had too much contrast in regards to the delicate butterflies. (The circles are in the picture.)
So a frantic search for a more suitable background started. The choice fell on two.
Luckily the first choice worked. I stenciled the flower pattern over the handwriting with Lunar Paste in silver, then cut out the circles. The background had been prepared earlier: the lantern stencil was applied three times with white chalk paste. Now it was dry and I could work in some yellow oxide (Antique Linen) over it.
I then glued the circles over the previously stenciled circles and finally adhered the butterflies. The sentiment was stamped directly to the card base and it reads: Enjoy your day.
Entering this in the challenges that were my inspiration today:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Going around in circles
CAS Mix Up: Stenciling over patterned paper
Alphabet Challenge: I is for Insects
Unicorn Challenge: #123 Layer it Up
Krafty Chicks: #834 CAS
Love Those Pretty Papers: ATG/ Look to the Skies optional - I am playing with ATG

.jpeg)





No comments:
Post a Comment