I found a treasure in the charity shop last year: a plastic bag with five stamps. They were red rubber and mounted, but there was no imprint of them, and the original package had been discarded. I rescued them and brought them home. They are rather whimsical: two child robots (of the old, 1950's kind), a mechanical gnome and some other rather peculiar looking creatures.
As I was browsing through the challenges in search of a bundle that would work well together, they exuded their magic powers yet again and I found several that I was just too happy to combine. I could hear the child robots calling out to me, and they became the star of this card.
For the background I selected a strip of copy paper that I had ink smooshed, cleaned my stencils on and used for color flicking. The colors were nice and I decided to work with similar colors when coloring the robots.
I cut the paper to size, added a strip of another scrap as per the chosen sketch (see below) and mounted everything onto my card base. Then I stamped the robots, and after I had colored them in I fussy cut them. I arranged them (also according to the sketch) and stamped the sentiment "Cheer up!". I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Lastly I added three shiny little dots.
Entering this in these lovely challenges:
Passion for Markers: #856 For a child
Sunday Stamps: #ssc395 sketch
Cardz 4 Galz: #285 Fantasy: fairies, goblins, dragons etc.
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Make your own background (2nd)
Paper Rock Scissors: #20 September - paper and scissors! Rocks, too, if you want to count the shiny bits.




Dang, these are adorable, Alice! What a find! Love their cute little faces, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!
ReplyDeleteHi Alice, just to let you know a very cute hedgehog arrived here today, I love him, thank you.
ReplyDeleteFun card here as well.
B x
Hi Alice, those are such cute robots (and what a wonderful charity shop find!) made into a lovely card. Your background is fabulous as well. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at Passion for Markers this week. Sarah - DT
ReplyDeleteOh this is adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PAPER ROCKS SCISSORS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
ReplyDeleteoh this is soo cool and lovingthe background, thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely card. Thanks for joining my theme at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x
ReplyDeleteHow cute and colorful! The background you created is so magical. I hope to see you again in our next challenge's gallery. Thank you for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Sue -DT
ReplyDeleteAdorable!! Your little robots are the cutest!! Thanks for play along with our "Don't Leaf Me" sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps. You rocked it with your robot duo!!
ReplyDeleteDeb Horst, DT #SSC395
OMG - too cute! Thanks for sharing and playing over at Sunday Stamps.
ReplyDelete