There's a technique called 'double embossing' - which I have been dying to try out. Basically you heat emboss a piece that's gone through an embossing folder. I was inspired by a sketch and many challenges calling for autumn, so I decided on using a paper block with co-ordinated fall colors (for some reason called 'Day break'), a die set and an embossing folder. I selected an embossing powder in the color of 'dusty grape'.
I cut 1 1/4" panels from three colors and partially dry embossed them. Then I gently smeared the embossing ink here and there. I didn't want to cover it all as I wanted a rather organic look. Lastly I heat embossed them and cut down to 1" width.
I arranged them onto a piece of scrap paper and cut this to fit the card. I had a piece of ribbon which I wrapped around on the bottom. I mounted the panel on foam pads and arranged the die-cut and paper backed leaves onto it. The sentiment says: Thinking of you.
Entering this in these great challenges:
Try A Sketch on Tuesday: #705 sketch
Allsorts: #859 Anything Autumn
Can You Handle the Pressure: AG w/ a twist of Trees. - Paying tribute to trees with those leaves
Crafty Gals Corner: #280 AG / Fall foliage optional - playing along with Fall foliage
Simon Says Wednesday: Anything goes

.jpeg)
.jpeg)


A great technique and a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts
ReplyDelete