Monday, August 20, 2018

Critters

I decided to play with my paints and make something mixed media.
The substrate is a piece of packaging cardboard. I always use the printed side after I have taken a piece of sandpaper to it. The paint just sticks better if the surface is not too slick.

I dabbed on a lot of brown paint, smeared it with a palette knife and while it was still wet, took a rubber stamp and printed onto the paint with no color. When the stamp came off so did most of the paint - leaving me with a nice impression.

The pictures of a bee and a bird's nest with eggs are vintage ( via 7dots stdio), the dragonfly is a print on shiny plastic.

entering in:
Emerald Creek: #ECAUG2018 The great Outdoors
Frilly and Funkie: Back to Nature
That's Crafty: Animal magic

5 comments:

  1. This is really amazing! I love your technique (thanks for sharing!) and the results are wonderful. Your artwork is perfect for our Back to Nature challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to check this out after seeing the thumbnail of it on Frilly & Funky. Loved the dragonfly..! Some great ideas to take home from just this one creation. Thanks..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the textured background and your wonderful big dragonfly. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, love it - thank you for joyning That`s Crafty - DT Dorthe

    ReplyDelete