Thursday, October 11, 2007

TMTA / Mask

TMTA threw a hard one this week: masks. I don't like them, I hate not seeing someone's eyes. It took me this long to overcome my aversion.
My thought process ran like this: mask - hiding face - not knowing - what don't we know? - future - we don't know the future - future is masked - something that can hide the face - butterfly? - yes, perfect -

Masked and hidden

Do I think too much? Maybe I make the challenges too difficult for myself by reflecting on the meanings of words and what they conjure? I wish I could do something fast and straightforward and just call it a day.

background has Gesso for texture, dye, watercolor & glitter glue

pic clicks for bigger!

7 comments:

  1. Wow what for a idea. Grandios. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thought process, its what makes us artistic types tick!
    Beautiful ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, it's okay to think about things first. It kinda makes it easier to create without stopping to think, which then ruins the whole fun of it.

    Love this. Love the background texture and the fairytale elements. =)

    nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. but it's beautiful, don't change!

    www.bertiebo.punt.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea with the butterfly

    ReplyDelete