Monday, August 17, 2015

Our feathered friends / Lintuystävämme

I love birds, what can I say. So I made a series, using the same materials to get cohesion.

Blue background is an interesting try-out. I received an embossing stencil but I have no machine. Instead I did what one learns in school: I made a rub-off. It helps if the paper is a bit damp, it takes the design better. I used the back of a spoon. (Wait till it dries.) Then I smeared a glittery paint on it, and this was wrong:  it flattened the raised design. ( I should have left it on the stencil for this step. Live and learn) Lastly I sprayed some ice blue mist. I rather like the mottled effect now.
Birds are German scrap, lower backgrounds are from old documents and then there's the (me-made, stamped) enamel tag on twine.
I have no words (but I am happy)

entering into:
Three Muses: Feathered friends
Stampotique: SDC208 Animal
Moo-mania: Embellishments

Minulla ei ole sanoja (mutta olen onnellinen) Viherpeippo

Linnuista puheen ollen, Ainon Linnun tietä haaste on edennyt puoliväliin. Täytyypä olla viitseliäs ja panna tänne useampi sivu kerralla. Anteeksi Aino kun olen ollut pitkään aikaan hiljainen siinä suhteessa!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, thanks for joining us again at Moo Mania and More, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very ingenious use of the embossing stencil
    Thank you for joining in my animal challenge at the SDC blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and a great way to use the embossing folder. I never would have thought of that.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ihania suloisia! Minä rakastan lintuja ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever use of materials...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oi, miten ihania laululintuja!
    Minulla on sinulle ne neljä korttia varauksessa, mikähän mahtaa olla tilanne sinun puolella niiden Marie Antoinettein kanssa?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wonderful all this ATCs! I am thrilled about them!
    Thank you for joining in again at Moo Mania & More !
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. hih, varmaan tarkoitit Suloisuuden? Mutta kiitos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so very beautiful, so lovely with the enamel tags, Alice !
    Greetings from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kauniita lintukortteja kaikki! Hienot numerojutut oletkin keksinyt ja tehnyt!!
    Minä käytän kohokuviokansioita monesti vain osaan kuvaa ja tuolloin painelen kansiota kaulimella. Saa kuvion sinne minne haluaa - yleensä :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful <3
    Thank you for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge!

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete