Monday, February 4, 2019

It's tea time

Yesterday's card already had stamping on tissue. Today I'd like to show you my step-by-step for this method. Not that it would be unknown, and of course there is printed tissue to be bought as well. But it is fun to make your own.

I started with very thin tissue, the kind that can be found in shoe boxes. It takes ink well and it is easy to stamp.


For this type I wanted the tissue to be extremely thin, because next I was going to glue it onto patterned paper. The good thing about this is that you can flip sides. The stamping doe not have to go down the way it was stamped. Here I made two cups with handle on the right side and one cup with handle on the left.

After it was dry I fussy cut everything.

Next I picked a nice floral background.

Even though it was rather pale and pastel-y, I still felt it was too strong. So I quickly gave the center of the card a wash with white paint, then added a tad of coral paint.

Finished:


I'd like to enter this project into following challenges:

TJK: Kuppi teetä?
Patterned Paper Challenge: February open theme
Fashionable Stamping: Anything goes

3 comments:

  1. Hieno sarja! Kiitos osallistumisesta haasteeseen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Alice,
    Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, the cards are very beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete