Tuesday, July 27, 2021

A monochrome birthday card

Yhis time I was inspired by a couple of topics ans wanted to see what it would look like if I would combine rectangles, monochrome and the use of stencils. Also I needed a birthday card that would not be overly sweet.

I selected orange as my color. 

Then the stencil part: I spritzed Distress ink Spiced Marmalade through a geometric stencil. Then I took that same stencil and created another sheet of paper, now with orange acrylics. When the paint was dry I sponged the white space with mustard seed Distress ink.

I opted for squares which I cut from that paint stenciled paper and arranged my card. I layered two of the squares with die cuts and stamped the text. 

 

Clicks for larger

It reads: "To the most wonderful 35 year old in the world".

 

Entering in:

Friendship challenge: #67 Vierecke wollen wir sehen Ich habe Vierecke verwendet

Fab and Funky: Monochrome - orange

Country View Challenges: Use a stencil (or two) - used just one

River of Creativity: #3 No hearts or mushy stuff not mushy at all!

The Crafters' cafe: Layer it up (2nd entry)  Four layers, I think...

7 comments:

  1. A great combination of textures and ink and I think you nailed your 'not overly sweet' brief, many thanks for joining us at River of Creativity.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s a beautiful project. I like the colours so much.
    Thanks for sharing at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and all the best!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design, colours and texture, a stunning birthday card.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is bang on with that wonderful sentiment that is not at all Mushy or sentimental and I love your choices of technique and colours. Fantastic card, thank you for sharing with the River of Creativity. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the stencil design you used for the background, it looks so cheery with the colours and lively sentiment 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, I love how you brought all the elements together so well. Thank you for joining us at River Of Creativity.

    ReplyDelete