Sunday, July 18, 2021

Gather moments

 ... and don't forget to enjoy them as well!

Again I played around with several challenges. Today I combined the themes 

Summer -  Enchanted garden - Musical - Layering

I started by tearing strips of sheet music and adhering that to a giant tag. I then painted it over with diluted chalk paint and stamped on with a round stamp. My first thought was to include numbers and letters (as per one other challenge) but then I decided that would be too much.

For me flowers represent the quintessence of summer. The air is heavy with their scent, the sun is hot and the insects are lazily buzzing around.


I then stamped six different flowers, fussy cut and watercolored them and arranged as a central panel. Lastly I applied the TH remnant rubs and a silk ribbon.

entering in:

Everybody Art Challenge: # 495 Summer

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Lazy days of summer

Tag Tuesday: Musical

Incy Wincy designs: Enchanted Garden

Crafters' Cafe blog Challenge: Layer it up

6 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful tag, Alice - so summery and happy. Thanks for joining us at Tag tuesday, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is gorgeous, love the music paper and they way you coloured the flowers is so lovely.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That´s a nice and happy bundle of flowers. I love the colours and I do love those little birds at the bottom. They are sort of lovely eye-catcher. Also a very fab background. Thank you for sharing your project with the EAC challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great combine of the themes. Like your background and your flowers. Thanks for joining the EAC! Christin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your music themed tag is so pretty Alice. Loving the colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty; great layering and combination of all the stamps, rubs and ribbons. You are included in the draw, thanks for sharing with us at the Crafters Cafe. Come back soon, CarolG

    ReplyDelete