Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Leaping off the page

 I have forever been wondering what animals are referred to by the word 'critter'. Small animals? Small and cute?Do bigger ones, say a horse, qualify? I had to look it up in Merriam-Webster (online version) and to my surprise - as my bet eas on small and cute - the word 'critter' encompasses all animals. It's just another word for animals.

Well then, nothing could stand in way of this mighty buck, a stamp that I bought some time ago but have never used. I had wanted to make a card with an opening, but not the normal kind where you see through. The idea of a deer buck jumping up and colliding with the top layer as if trying to jump off of the card really applied to me.



The background was first colored in with distress ink, then stamped and heat embossed with bronze. I took a craft paper with newspaper print as my top layer. I then took a blunt instrument and struck it through the back of that paper, peeling off the paper around the opening. I created some depth in the folds and put my critter in place. 

Entering in:

Mix it Up Challenge: #51 Anything goes + Aperture

Lost Coast Stampers: #126 Critters

We Love 2 Create: #7 Anything mixed media

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Your idea of making the buck burst out of the paper on the front is genius. Great sentiment to go with it. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Alice, I love the background you've created for your buck. I had to ask about 'critters' too, I thought they were insects lol. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous with your critter bursting through the page. Love it. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete