Thursday, July 8, 2021

Make a wish

 I love new stuff - I mean who doesn't? But then there are papers, paints, stamps and ephemera just lying around and asking to be used.

I have been holding on to this ScrapBerry bird themed paper for ages, not daring to use it up. But why save? There will be other gorgeous papers!

I started by painting the background all white. Then I added stamped images (ancient Above the Mark rubber), the said bird and a bough of rose hips for good measure. Lastly I flicked with black and white paints to create some interest and adhered a piece of text that seemed suitable.

This is an uncharacteristically sober piece for me, but I am glad I challenged myself.


 Entering this in:

Use Your Stuff: Black &white with a pop of color

Everybody Art Challenge: #494 Anything goes/ Alles geht

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love all the texture and layers. It's so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon.
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very interesting card.
    Really gorgeous the way you combined the smart red bird with those black flowers and those dog roses. I like the background as well.
    Thank you for joining the EAC challenge # 494.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a card! It's amazing, I love your combo of black and white with the red accents. Thanks for sharing at the EAC! Christin

    ReplyDelete