Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Summery watercolors

 Can fish be opinionated and even snarky? I decided that they can - and made these. Of course, one would have been two little to show just how mean fish can be when no one is listening.


 I used Brusho, the dry watercolor, for the backgrounds. I love the effect that granules of color can achieve, it's always so unexpected. I used Prussian blue, green and teal.

Then I stamped the fish with permanent black ink onto semi-glossy magazine picture. I love that technique, the results are always intriguing, there's depth and variation within the image.


 entering in:

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers:  #188 W is for watercolor

Art Journey challenge: 2 atc's in summery colors  I used this stamp set

Simon Says Wednesday challenge: Anything goes


 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE these water coloured beauties! And yes, fish can be snarky1 Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he he he he
    These are AWESOME!!!
    Apparently fish can be snarky and opinionated - I love them :)
    Thanks for watercolouring with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Fish are territorial so in my opinion, that makes the snarky. These are so different and so fun. Thanks so much for playing along with the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete