Wednesday, August 4, 2021

For you

 I have a new stamp set from which I selected one stamp. I stamped it several times with Distress ink (Dried Marigold), then painted the flowers with purple watercolor. To make them look really crisp I painted first every other petal, then went in and painted the petals in between. That way every petal had its own watercolor outline, too. When you combine orange and purple you get brown - look at the overpainted Dried Marigold, it's so gorgeous.


I fussy cut the flowers and adhered them onto a background that I made recently with my Gelli plate. The card needed little else. I wound a length of silver thread around the card base and added "For you" in black die cut letters.

Entering in:

Happy Little Stampers: August Watercolor Challenge AG

Try it on Tuesday: Keep it simple

Addicted to Stamps and More: #411 Make your mark 

 NBUS Challenge: #29 August



5 comments:

  1. A lovely card, beautiful flowers and background.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully colored flowers, Alice, and a brilliant design to back them! It's lovely to meet you and become your newest follower and I look forward to having you follow NBUS and my personal blog, if you haven't already. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colour and a great use of your NBUS

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, your flowers are so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete