Sunday, August 22, 2021

Summer turning fall

 Sometimes you just feel like doing everything from scratch: the colored papers, drawing instead of stamping, fussy cutting instead of sizzixing... etc.


This card started with acrylic paints (an underused category of my crafting stash).


My initial idea was to match a color palette in the current 613Avenue challenge, this:

I doodled some shapes and cut them out. So far so good.

But my palette just didn't feel complete without green. (Sorry, you lovely folks at 613 Avenue, I tried! ) The green is a blend of several Distress oxides whose names I do not recall now. I then flicked black and white paint on everything.
 


I made the frame by cutting board with the help of scissor work, then I 'stitched' the edges by a rotary wheel of a sort (tracing wheel for home sewers). I popped a piece of vellum into the center and adhered a sentiment (7Arts Studio).



Entering this in:

Simon Says Wednesday challenge: Add a sentiment

Try it on Tuesday: Summer blooms - it's still summer although my colors remind of the nearing fall.

613 Avenue Challenge: #8 AG or the flavors of fall - I guess this falls into the AG section now...

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful fall creation Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this card, great use of the colours. Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create. anesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make flowers a similar way but never as beautiful as these! You have inspired me to make more! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete