Sunday, August 15, 2021

You are loved

 I have only recently moved into the realm of greeting cards. My usual ATC cards exist without much added gadgetry, they are based on collage (the way I do them). But for some reason I do own some embossing folders and heat embossing powder. But not with the gadgets that go with them. So then, today is 'make do' day.

The background was placed into a embossing folder and heavily hammered around the edges to create a diffused look. 


The raised image is around the perimeter only. In the center there is an oval piece of vellum which I stamped with blue and heat embossed with clear powder to create an iced look. I don'y own a craft heat gun, but used a commercial paint stripping heat gun instead. Those things get hot fast!

The flowers are stamped and colored with Oxides, the ladybug has been treated with a coat of Glossy Accents.

 




Entering this in:

Sweet Stamping challenge: Feature an animal - I hope Ladybugs count!

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Heat embossing

More Mixed Media Challenge: AG / optional brights

Chocolate Baroque: Favorite stamps - mine is that four leaf clover! Bought 10 years ago at the Paper Source.

Addicted to Stamps: #411 Make your Mark

 


8 comments:

  1. A pretty and unusual design, thanks so much for sharing and joining us and sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the word of card-making and the start of "collecting" lots of new stash! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have done your background with that partial embossing, such a good idea. I keep meaning to try it but somehow haven't got round to it yet. Your flowers and 4 leaf clover look wonderful against the background. I am surprised your vellum came out from the heat gun in one piece using a paint stripper. Glad you didn't burn yourself. Thanks so much for joining us at we love Chocolate Baroque xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, your card is very pretty! I would never guess that card making is a new venture for you. I too many times forget about my embossing folders and I have quite a few. I like that you reduced the embossing on the edges by hammering them out. I like that idea too. I’m going to have a peek at your world of ATCs now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how inventive you have been with the tools you have to create such a fun card. The background texture really adds a lot of interest and I love how you added glossy accents to the ladybirds.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alice, your card is so pretty, love your cholour choices, and ladybirds are fine for our challenge at Sweet Stampin'.

    I've only ever brought the tool to go with the piece of equipment when I knew it was going to get a lot of use. Be careful of heat strippers though - they can burn both fingers and creations!! I know!

    Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin' this time and good luck.

    Sarah R
    Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card, and those cute ladybirds do count.


    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin.
    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful combination with embossing, stamping and collage ! Amazing colouring on these images and fabulous design. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete