Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Recycled and never been used...

 Yes, it's sad but it happens! Some items for whatever reason will stay unwrapped for a while (or a long while...). Today I decided to do something about them.

Firstly vellum, secondly Pearly Pigments. And last week I took home some stickers (as I thought) of apple blossoms (that I adore) that a neighbor had laid out. (We have this great habit in the building, a tiny recycling center for neighbors near the mail boxes.)

I started by stamping the vellum with white ink. The stamp was bought from a flea market last summer but never put to use yet.

The white ink is slow to dry and I didn't want to use a heat gun. Then I remembered the pearly pigment that dries the ink and pearlizes the whole surface.

What I thought were stickers were in fact wet transfer pictures. Luckily the water did not mess up my stamped background.

Entering the card into these challenges:
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Recycle

Everybody Art Challenge: #510 Frühling / Spring

Arty Divas: March AG

Stamps& Fun=Creativity: #407 Lieblingsblume - ich sehe diese als Apfelblüten die ich sehr gerne mag

NBUS: #36 AG as long as it's never used stuff




5 comments:

  1. A lovely elegant make with your NBUS and thank you for sharing it with us this month

    Kathyk
    NBUS Guest DT member in March

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is spectacular, Alice, literally! I've never seen that Suet Pearl Pigment before, but I'm intrigued. The whole design is beautiful! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and so elegant. Your card is currently at its limit. I am very stunned. Great stamping on the parchment. Great wet decals. These orchids look so beautiful. And I love the layout.
    Thank you for sharing your project with the EAC challenge.
    Hug Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Really great idea! Love the elegant image. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - love your background.

    Thanks for joining us at the Arty Divas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete