Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thank you

 I just love peonies. Technically they are not really spring flowers, but I can observe their tentative efforts as they are starting to emerge.

This is a Thank you card - very approriate also for Mother's Day (unless I have some other uses for it before that - we'll see).

I made used Distress inks for the colors. The background is a medley of Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire with some drops of Broken China.

The flower was colored in with Victorian Velvet and Picked Raspberry. (It was stamped and colored separately, then fussy cut and glued onto the stamped blue base.


The stems and leaves were brushed over with Frayed Burlap - which had turned bright green in the bottle!

 I am entering this into the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge: #666 AG - I go with the option of Distress

Country View Challenge: Mother's Day

Everybody Art Challenge: 509 B - für Blume

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Bit o' Green

Stamping Sensations: Something for Spring



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Alice - that is a stunning image, and I love your background and colouring. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week, and for joining in with my distress option.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful floral card, really stunning and love the watercolor background! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Peonies, here we have them out in May so just Spring to my mind, many thanks for joining in with our Spring theme at Stamping Sensations challenge (would be lovely to see you at We Love Stamping where it's also Spring). Thanks for also joining in at Allsorts this week.
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peonies too. And yours look quite adorable. Wonderful pink colour and great colouring! I especially love your background. It´s so amazing with the postage and the wonderful runny blue colours.
    Thank you very much for joining the EAC challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! The peony is colored very lovely.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges.
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - I think its lovely as a mothers day card! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete