Friday, March 11, 2022

Something yellow

 I just love challenges that, well, challenge me. At Frilly and Funkie the brief is to do something or use something that you find challenging.

For me it's the color yellow. I like to use many other colors but not yellow.

So I used it, and found out it needs rather strong colors as counterparts, but even when combined with a riot of colors it still manages to hold its own.



All leaves are cut from papers that I first made with a gelli plate. I used acrylics and printed paper as my substrate. I find the print gives the color a nice structure.  The flax twine is from my knitting stash, it miraculously matched the color of the yellow twig and brings a whole other dimension to the mix.

The sentiment was stamped and then heat embossed.


 

 I'm entering this card into:

Frilly and Funkie: A rather blustery day

Fab 'n Funky: #546 Dies or Stencils - dies!

Creative Artiste: #80 Anything Mixed Media 

HLS: Anything goes with Dies Challenge 


9 comments:

  1. Great card, love the bright colours.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week.
    Buffy (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Great combination of die cutscand twine.
    Thanks for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love your yellows. Thanks for joining in on The Funkie Junkie Boutiques Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow is playing well with the other colors! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie challenge and stretching yourself. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the splash of yellow. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! ~Janna FJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card! great color combo! Thanks for playing along with The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I too love colors but struggle sometimes to incorporate the bright ones! Thanks for sharing your blustery day fears at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An elegant and colourful card. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely with it's die cut gelli print papers. The yellow string brings those bold colours together so beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing @ Creative Artiste and joining in with our March Challenge.
    Creative best wishes Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete