Monday, March 21, 2022

The big seven oh

 A dear friend of mine is turning 70. She was never one to celebrate her birthdays, but this time she will. Knowing her reluctance I made a card that look lighthearted enough. Instead of using the big scary number I am only saying Congrats (and will write something personal inside).

I like to use my gelli plate prints whenever I can. I cut the squares, then stamped the images onto scraps, fussy cut them and adhered onto the squares.



I placed the letters a bit crooked and also used one negative instead of a full letter. I feel it adds to the feel of lightheartedness. 


Entering in:

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Feminine

Sweet Stampers Challenge: #66 CAS 

CAS on Sunday: #227 Flowers 

Simon Says Wednesaday: Use your favorite things - mine would be gelli plate printed papers! 

Seize the Birthday: #234 Use Green or Anything goes - I went with the latter option




5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine zauberhafte Karte. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers und viel Glück.

    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday! Your friend will love the light hearted card. I love how you used scraps of gelli prints and made a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thank you for sharing with us at CAS on Friday! Valérie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! https://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/2022/03/winners-234-green-and-white.html

    ReplyDelete